continuum-users mailing list archives

From Butch Slayer <butch.slay...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Build queues.
Date Mon, 30 Nov 2009 09:49:14 GMT
2009/11/27 Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com>

> On Fri, Nov 27, 2009 at 7:06 AM, Butch Slayer <butch.slayers@gmail.com>
> wrote:
>
> > I have a single project of which I need to build three different targets.
> So
> > I did the following:
> > I made one project and put three build definitions in. Scheduled at
> > different times, using different schedules works fine. But I would like
> > run all three build definition simultaneous. I tried to do this using
> queues
> > but did not succeed. Can anyone help me out please?
> >
> > I am using a shell project.
>
> What version of Continuum are you using?
>
> Thanks for the input.

I'm working with version 1.3.4, build 807129 of Continuum.

Just on the surface, I don't think it's going to let you do
> simultaneous builds from the same working copy.
>
> They would step on each other, trying to delete and write the same
> files -- or at least that's the assumption, based on the typical 'mvn
> clean install' build which first deletes the 'target' directory, then
> re-creates it and writes files there.
>
> Your shell project may not actually have that limitation, but I think
> it's built in.  Someone more familiar with the code would need to
> confirm.
>
> That's right. I have a build directory for each target.

> You'll probably have to add the project three times so there are
> different working copies, possibly in three different project groups
> (it might complain about duplicates otherwise, not sure how that works
> with shell projects.)
>
> That is what I thought/feared. It's a petty, it feels like wasting
resources...
Next to these three (or more) targets I'll have more versions to build too
in the future.

Is there a way to share a single working copy between more than one project?

Kind regards,
Butch.