continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jevica Arianne B. Zurbano" <jevica.aria...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problems with LDAP and Continuum 1.2.3
Date Sat, 10 Oct 2009 07:37:23 GMT
Hi David,

I hope the following comments I made below would help.

dbruley wrote:
> Hello,
>
> We are trying to setup Continuum 1.2.3 and hook it into LDAP.  We're running
> into the following error:
>
> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.common.ldap.connection.LdapException: Could not
> connect to the server. [Root exception is
> javax.naming.ServiceUnavailableException: ourserver.com:portnumber; socket
> closed]
> 	at
> org.codehaus.plexus.redback.common.ldap.connection.LdapConnection.<init>(LdapConnection.java:81)
>
> Note I scrubbed the actual host name and port number.
>
> We have reviewed the instructions on the the Continuum website as well as
> the information on Redback.  We may have misunderstood the directions and
> not configured something correct.
>
> I have attached the full stack trace, as well as a scrubbed version of our
> application.xml and security.properties file.
>
> I have not been successful in my searches for a resolution.  Any bugs I came
> across seem to be in older versions of Redback than 1.2.3 uses.
>
> Should note that we are trying to connect secure with SS

SSL is not yet supported in the Redback version used in Continuum 1.2.3
which is Redback 1.1.2.
The SSL support is in Redback 1.2.1.
(http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/REDBACK-215)
which is the one used in Continuum 1.3.3.
> Thanks in advance for any assistance you can provide.
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p25822373/2009_10_08.stderrout.log
> 2009_10_08.stderrout.log
>
> http://www.nabble.com/file/p25822373/application.xml application.xml

And, you also need to enable the
"org.codehaus.plexus.redback.common.ldap.UserMapper" component.

--

Thanks,

Jev