continuum-users mailing list archives

From George Snyder <George.Sny...@arrisi.com>
Subject Distributed Build Working Directories
Date Wed, 07 Oct 2009 20:13:30 GMT

I have some questions about distributed build working directories:

1. With distributed builds, a project may be scheduled to build on various
hosts (and architectures), each with its own working copy.  However, the
"Working Copy" tab on every Build Result page in its history takes me to the
working copy of the *latest* build.  Is that as intended?  I had expected
the tab on each Build Result page would go to the working copy on the host
where that build ran.

2. For non-distributed builds, clicking a .tar.gz file on a Working Copy
page downloads the file.  Clicking on a .zip file shows junk in the text
panel, but I can then use the "Download as Text" link to download it.  For
distributed builds, neither of these work.

3. Is there a way to get a standard Jetty directory listing of working
directories, instead of the formatted Working Copy page?  I tried creating a
symbolic link in /apps/continuum (working copies are on a different
filesystem), but opening it responds "The URL requested cannot be found."  I
can 'ls' and 'cd' through the link as expected.  Is there a setting
somewhere that prohibits references outside the document tree?

-- Thanks,
-- George Snyder