continuum-users mailing list archives

From Vlado Peshov <vlat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Web Interface
Date Wed, 09 Sep 2009 10:59:14 GMT
On Wed, Sep 9, 2009 at 12:39 PM, Babak Shafian <babakred@hotmail.com> wrote:

> Thanks for the quick response!
>

> > > Hi Volks,
> > >
> > > I've just installed Continuum on Ubuntu. After executing update-rc.d -n
> > > continuum defaults 80 I get the following:

At this point you SAID that you have installed Continum...

> > > update-rc.d: warning: /etc/init.d/continuum missing LSB information
> > > update-rc.d: see <http://wiki.debian.org/LSBInitScripts>
> > >  Adding system startup for /etc/init.d/continuum ...
> > >   /etc/rc0.d/K80continuum -> ../init.d/continuum
> > >   /etc/rc1.d/K80continuum -> ../init.d/continuum
> > >   /etc/rc6.d/K80continuum -> ../init.d/continuum
> > >   /etc/rc2.d/S80continuum -> ../init.d/continuum
> > >   /etc/rc3.d/S80continuum -> ../init.d/continuum
> > >   /etc/rc4.d/S80continuum -> ../init.d/continuum
> > >   /etc/rc5.d/S80continuum -> ../init.d/continuum
> > >

> > > Which should mean that its running.
> >

> > No it does not. Try:
> >
> > # invoke-rc.d continuum start
> >
> > or:
> >
> > # /etc/init.d/continuum start
> >
> > and see what happens? If you still have problems check log files.
> >
> > P.S.
> >
> > http://www.annodex.net/cgi-bin/man/man2html?update-rc.d+8
> > http://www.annodex.net/cgi-bin/man/man2html?invoke-rc.d+8
> >
> > Can you see the diference?
>

> I've started continuum but still get no logfiles. But maybe its up to my
> installation. To create a continuum file under /etc/init.d/ I couldn't
> understand what could be meant with continuum_user. I have just replaced it
> with root(system user) because at this stage I have not create a continuum
> user yet.
>
> The other point is the following command :
>
> ln -s /usr/local/continuum-[VERSION]/bin/linux/run.sh /etc/init.d/continuum
>
> I'm not sure if I have to replace VERSION with my own continuum version.
> And after all I don't have
> any continuum directory under /user/local/

Have you, or have you not installed Continuum successfully? If you have some
installation, please give us more details like:

I have downloaded from this link. Unzip-ed with this command under this
directory, starting Continuum application with this command...

Regards, Vlado