continuum-users mailing list archives

From Tomasz Zieleniewski <tzieleniew...@gmail.com>
Subject Fix for svn problem: "Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not trusted"
Date Tue, 29 Sep 2009 08:43:17 GMT
Hi All,

I wanted to run continuum as a particular user and plug it into the Linux
init.d startup system.
In order to that I edited the startup script but that unfortunately caused
the svn checkout problem,
particulary the "Server certificate verification failed: issuer is not
trusted" error.
After I encountered the following issue I started to look if there is a
solution on the web.
There were some hints to import certificate but the real problem was that
the shell
Continuum script su invocation preserved current environment and did not set
the $HOME
environment variable. This disabled svn to pickup the permanently accepted
SSL certificates.
In order to overcome this there is a simple fix which works for me under
Debian OS.
One just need to add the -l, --login option to su invocation which causes
the $HOME
environment variable to be set, after which svn works fine (still preserving
current environment!)

Now:
# Still want to change users, recurse.  This means that the user will only
be
#  prompted for a password once. Variables shifted by 1
su -m $RUN_AS_USER -c "\"$REALPATH\" $2"

After fix:
# Still want to change users, recurse.  This means that the user will only
be
#  prompted for a password once. Variables shifted by 1
su -m $RUN_AS_USER -c "\"$REALPATH\" $2" -login

Hope this helps someone.

Regards,
- Tomasz Zieleniewski