continuum-users mailing list archives

From Marc Lustig ...@marclustig.com>
Subject merging databases
Date Wed, 23 Sep 2009 07:49:11 GMT

Hi,

we have set up Continuum 1.3.4 and so far no new issues have been
identified.

For us, the major improvement of Continuum 1.3 is the ability to run builds
in parallel.
So our plan is to merge our exsting 12 Continuum-instances into this central
instance and distribute the jobs to different build queues.

What is the best practise to transer the projects of the old instances into
the new central instance?

I guess there is no other way than to manually export and import the
database-tables, right?
So, could someone please advise which tables need to be copied in order to
not violate some contraint?

The other issue is that the PK's are generated by the Continuum-app, not by
the database.
So, when you import the records from the other instance, can I just prepend
the next ongoing number, and ensure that foreign-keys are adjusted?

Sounds like a messy job, but configuring all those hundreds of projects from
scratch maybe even worse.