continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Martin Sudmann" <martin.sudm...@priceminister.com>
Subject configuration of jdbc URL in context.xml
Date Wed, 16 Sep 2009 06:55:51 GMT
Hi all,

I am running Continuum as a webapp on Tomcat.

I first installed it as the standalone version (thus creating the databases
in the continuum install directory), but now I want to run it as a .war on
Tomcat.

I don't know how to configure the JDBC URL correctly:

I want to use the databases from the initial install (not inside the Tomcat
directory), but when I use an absolute unix file path the logs say that they
cannot find the database.

<Context path="/continuum"

docBase="/users/integ.continue/tomcat/webapps/continuum/continuum.war">

  <Resource name="jdbc/users"

            auth="Container"

            type="javax.sql.DataSource"

            username="sa"

            password=""

            driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"

url="jdbc:derby:/users/integ.continue/continuum/data/databases/users;create=
false" />

  <Resource name="jdbc/continuum"

            auth="Container"

            type="javax.sql.DataSource"

            username="sa"

            password=""

            driverClassName="org.apache.derby.jdbc.EmbeddedDriver"

url="jdbc:derby:/users/integ.continue/continuum/data/databases/continuum;cre
ate=false" />

 ..

Can anyone help me?

Thanks,