continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automated installation after build
Date Fri, 21 Aug 2009 03:47:23 GMT
On Thu, Aug 20, 2009 at 1:51 PM, Adrian Wiesmann<awiesmann@somap.org> wrote:
> Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

>> There has occasionally been discussion of adding pre- and post- build
>> hooks into Continuum, so you can execute things that are not part of
>> the build, but it hasn't happened yet.
>
> If I understood it correctly, you should be able to do so today already?

No.  Search the archives and you may find some previous discussions,
but no one has implemented the feature yet.  You can add an
enhancement request in JIRA if there isn't one already.

> We do have a properties.xml and a properties-local.xml. Both are
> referenced from within the build.xml file (used with Ant). The -local file
> basically overrides the "global" settings from the properties file. The
> Ant build.xml file is part of the Subversion repository. The
> properties.xml as well (-local obviously not).
>
> What I now need on the Continuum server is the properties-local.xml as
> well. I solved this with adding a properties-local.xml file to the same
> folder as the files under the repositories control (manually).

How does this work when developers build locally?  (Where do they
store the properties-local.xml file?)

Ideally the build works the same whether it's done manually by a
developer or automated with Continuum.

--
Wendy