continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <>
Subject Re: Automated installation after build
Date Fri, 14 Aug 2009 15:55:03 GMT
On Fri, Aug 14, 2009 at 5:31 AM, Adrian Wiesmann<> wrote:
> I am a new user of continuum and while documentation is a little difficult
> for a greenhorn at times, things are running now and I very much like what
> I can do with continuum.

Please point out areas where you had trouble with the docs, so we can
improve them!

> I want to have a demo website where the latest build of a project will be
> installed after every successful build. Currently I have a Project Group
> with a single Ant Project. The project compiles into a xy.war file which I
> would then like to automatically copy into the webapps folder of a tomcat
> instance on the same machine. Afterwards I would like to restart tomcat.

The easiest way to accomplish this is probably to make it part of your
Ant script.  I know there is a copy task, and I'd be surprised if
there weren't Ant tasks for Tomcat.

Or you could have a separate process (cron job?) that watches for the
existence of xy.war and then does the copy and re-start.  (Or I
suppose you could have that as a separate "build" in Continuum.)

View raw message