continuum-users mailing list archives

From Alex Legler ...@netloc.info>
Subject Checking out from CVS -- cvs_native not working
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 16:43:49 GMT
Heya,

I'm trying to get Continuum to check out a project from CVS. Since we
use the "sserver" auth method of CVSNT, I understand that I need to
use the native CVS provider.
When I run maven from command line, everything works fine, just not in
Continuum.

The problem seems to be that the cvs_native method is not selected:
"Provider message: The scm url is invalid.: Unknown transport: sserver"

This is my scm url: "<connection>scm:cvs|sserver|build_script@132.187.XX.XX
|d:/repositories/d3web-basics|d3web-Kernel</connection>"

In the logs I find this stack trace:
org.apache.maven.scm.repository.ScmRepositoryException: The scm url is
invalid. at
org
.apache
.maven
.scm
.provider
.cvslib
.AbstractCvsScmProvider
.makeProviderScmRepository(AbstractCvsScmProvider.java:143)         at
org
.apache
.maven
.scm
.manager.AbstractScmManager.makeScmRepository(AbstractScmManager.java:
192) at
org
.apache
.continuum
.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.getScmRepository(DefaultContinuumScm.java:
145) at
org
.apache
.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.checkout(DefaultContinuumScm.java:
58) at
org
.apache
.maven
.continuum
.core
.action
.CheckoutProjectContinuumAction
.execute(CheckoutProjectContinuumAction.java:108) at
org
.apache
.maven
.continuum
.buildcontroller
.DefaultBuildController.performAction(DefaultBuildController.java:435)
at
org
.apache
.maven
.continuum
.buildcontroller
.DefaultBuildController
.updateWorkingDirectory(DefaultBuildController.java:418) at
org
.apache
.maven
.continuum
.buildcontroller
.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:133) at
org
.apache
.maven
.continuum
.buildcontroller
.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:
50) at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor
$ExecutorRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116) at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors
$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442) at
edu
.emory
.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:
178) at
edu
.emory
.mathcs
.backport
.java
.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:
1061) at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor
$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:575) at
java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:619)

As stated in the FAQ (http://continuum.apache.org/faqs.html#the-embedded-java-CVS-client-doesn-t-work-for-me-what-is-the-workaround

) I tried setting "-
Dmaven.scm.provider.cvs.implementation=cvs_native", but to no luck.
Neither the standalone version nor the .war (Tomcat) of two versions
of continuum seem to adopt the flag (I can correctly retrieve the
contents of the property from a simple JSP file, though).

So, is it just me overlooking the obvious or is something actually
broken?

Thanks, Alex