continuum-users mailing list archives

From Julien HENRY <henr...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Build planification ignore/fail on test produce unexpected result
Date Wed, 12 Aug 2009 13:55:55 GMT
Hi,

Lately I have asked a question about how to make Continuum fail on JUnit tests and send mail
but also generate the full Maven web site and sonar.

My need is to have very frequent check of JUnit tests (say every hours) and time consuming
site generation performed every night.

Here is my configuration : I have 2 build definitions

1) clean install --batch-mode (every hour)
2) clean deploy sonar:sonar site site-deploy -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true --batch-mode
(every night)

In one of my project I have some JUnit test failures. Every hour, if there are svn modifications,
build one will start and fail then send notifications. In Continuum UI the color of the project
is orange or red.

Now I did a manual run of build two (because I didn't wanted to wait next day but I'm curious
to see if build two will run if there is no svn modification since last time build one run).
Build two obviously succeed as test failure are ignored and site was generated. But my concern
is that in Continuum UI, project color is GREEN ! And worst, build one will never be started
again until there are svn modifications.

I don't know what would be the perfect solution, but I propose to clearly separate build executions
and only say a project is green when all build definitions are green.

Have you already faced this issue?

Julien