continuum-users mailing list archives

From cree <v...@oswego.edu>
Subject Automated Build Process
Date Tue, 04 Aug 2009 20:53:53 GMT

Hello All,

I looked through the different guides offered by the site.  I saw there is a
manual way to force a build.  What I am curious to know is if there is an
automated way to force a build.  So for instance, a user commits to the svn
repository.  In which either, can trigger a post-commit hook to ask
continuum to force a build or continuum already knows about the commit and
builds it on its own.

I understand certain pitfalls for doing this process (for instance, if
someone commits many different pieces of code to account for their entire
commit).  If there is a better process I am always open to suggestions, but
I am trying to make it as automated as possible.

I appreciate all suggestions, thank you