continuum-users mailing list archives

From Martin Höller <mar...@xss.co.at>
Subject Re: Build planification ignore/fail on test produce unexpected result
Date Thu, 13 Aug 2009 06:35:59 GMT
Hi Julien!

On Wednesday 12 August 2009 Julien HENRY wrote:
> Here is my configuration : I have 2 build definitions
>
> 1) clean install --batch-mode (every hour)
> 2) clean deploy sonar:sonar site site-deploy
> -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true --batch-mode (every night)
>
> In one of my project I have some JUnit test failures. Every hour, if
> there are svn modifications, build one will start and fail then send
> notifications. In Continuum UI the color of the project is orange or red.
>
> Now I did a manual run of build two (because I didn't wanted to wait next
> day but I'm curious to see if build two will run if there is no svn
> modification since last time build one run). Build two obviously succeed
> as test failure are ignored and site was generated. But my concern is
> that in Continuum UI, project color is GREEN ! And worst, build one will
> never be started again until there are svn modifications.
>
> I don't know what would be the perfect solution, but I propose to clearly
> separate build executions and only say a project is green when all build
> definitions are green.

I never had a problem like this, so all my suggestions are just theory...

Eventually the Failsafe Maven Plugin [0] (or at least its concepts) could
help here. It is designed to run integration tests but i guess one could
configure it to also run unit tests.

The idea of the plugin is to separate running of the tests and verifying its
results. You could eventually run the tests (with some failures), produce
the reports and afterwards verify (in some later phase) the test results
and fail the build.

hth,
- martin

[0] http://mojo.codehaus.org/failsafe-maven-plugin/