continuum-users mailing list archives

From Steven The Easily Amused <>
Subject Re: /usr/lib/tools.jar
Date Fri, 17 Jul 2009 05:19:03 GMT

Emmanuel Venisse-2 wrote:
> If you switch to a sun jvm, this problem will be fixed.
> Emmanuel
> On Thu, Apr 17, 2008 at 12:09 PM, bennyboy <> wrote:
>> /usr/lib/tools.jar

Another cause for this message, as I discovered on a Windows box, is that
when you Install Continuum as a service it sucks in information about the
JDK it is using and encapsulates it as one of the parameters in the service
launch.  If you subsequently substitute a newer (or older) JDK the service
will no longer start. Fortunately the wrapper log gives a clue that despite
having done a careful search to conclude that there were no references to
the old JDK - well, there were!

Uninstalling Continuum as a windows service and reinstalling it fixed the
problem for me.

-- Steven
Sent from the Continuum - Users mailing list archive at

View raw message