continuum-users mailing list archives

From surajx <sur...@gmail.com>
Subject continuum help...
Date Mon, 06 Jul 2009 05:44:02 GMT

I am the Configuration manager for an IT firm, Currently we a using anthill
build management server for all our build related purposes. We are looking
to implement Continuous Integration in our development life cycle.

Currently the building process is done manually. Suppose there are 5
projects A,B,C,D,E and E is the parent project and the dependency chain does
like this:
A->B->C->D->E

What we do is we build A first update project.xml of B to the latest version
of A, build B so on and so forth untill all dependent projects get built and
finally parent project gets built.

What i am thinking is automating the entire process i.e. automatically
finding out dependencies and building them first and then updating the
version of parent projects and building them again to a newer version.

Would continuum do this for me? If not is here any other CI tool that does
this?

Regards,

Suraj.