continuum-users mailing list archives

From Christian Schulte ...@schulte.it>
Subject Re: 1.2.3 war deployment fails on glassfish container.
Date Wed, 10 Jun 2009 19:25:19 GMT
Ted Scott schrieb:
> Mail session? First I've heard about needing it. The install
> destructions I'm using are at:
> http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.2.3/installation/glassfish.html
>
> Is that new since 1.1? I htere a way to turn it off, our dev cluster is
> not able to hit an SMTP server, although I could set up one that sends
> all mail to /dev/null. How do I go about configuring a mail session?

There were quite a few things needed to get continuum working with
glassfish here. All can be done using the admin ui of glassfish. For the
mail session, I created a new session at Ressources->JavaMail-Session
using the JNDI name 'mail/Session' (capital 'S'). Also I needed to add
the following system properties to the JVM settings of the glassfish
instance:

-Dcatalina.home=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}
-Dcatalina.base=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}
-Dcom.sun.enterprise.web.connector.enableJK=8009
-Dappserver.home=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}
-Dappserver.base=${com.sun.aas.instanceRoot}

I think some of them are only needed for mod_jk support in glassfish. At
the end, things started to work that way. I have never used continuum
1.1. Continuum 1.2.x and 1.3.x are working with glassfish.

--
Christian