continuum-users mailing list archives

From Ted Scott <ted.sc...@concept-solutions.com>
Subject 1.2.3 war deployment fails on glassfish container.
Date Tue, 09 Jun 2009 17:50:19 GMT
I'm totally new to Continuum, the install instructions are somewhat
terse, but work fine for 1.1 which installs fine on my glassfish
container. 1.2.3, not so much. Deployment yields a cascade of errors
that begin below the fold.

I've seen similar issues reported a few times from google searching, but
no resolution has been found yet. The glassfish is running on Solaris, I
have Derby running and 1.1 was using Derby as its store.

I'm at a loss to explain this behavior, other than there must be
something going on. :P

Another question is the purpose of the "Deployment Repository Directory"
in the config. Is this where the artifact should be deployed, (i.e. the
autodeply directory of glassfish) or where completed artifacts are
stored for distribution.

Thanks
-Ted

-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-=-
[#|2009-06-08T21:36:54.134+0000|INFO|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=29;_ThreadName=Thread-1839;|PWC1412:

WebModule[/apache-continuum-1.2.3] ServletContext.log():Initializing
Spring root WebApplicationContext|#]

[#|2009-06-08T21:39:24.087+0000|SEVERE|sun-appserver9.1|javax.enterprise.system.container.web|_ThreadID=29;_ThreadName=Thread-1839;_RequestID=1b959381-e97e
-4524-b40a-5502df6fc8a0;|WebModule[/apache-continuum-1.2.3]PWC1275:
Exception sending context initialized event to listener instance of
class org.springframework.web.context.ContextLoaderListener
bean with name 'notifierManager' defined in URL
[jar:file:/opt/postgres/SDK/domains
/domain1/applications/j2ee-modules/continuum/WEB-INF/lib/continuum-core-1.2.3.jar!/META-INF/spring-context.xml]:

Cannot create inner bean 'org.apache.maven
.continuum.notification.manager.spring.NotifierFactoryBean#61b533' of
type
[org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.manager.spring.NotifierFactoryBean]
while setting bean property 'notifiers'; nested exception is
bean with name
'org.apache.maven.continuum.notification.manager.spring.NotifierFactoryBean#61b533':
FactoryBean threw exception on object creation; nested exception is
bean with name 'notifier#mail': FactoryBean threw exception on object
creation; nested exception is
bean with name 'mailSender#continuum' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Cannot resolve reference to bean
'mailSession' while setting bean property 'session'; nested exception is
bean with name 'mailSession' defined in ServletContext resource
[/WEB-INF/applicationContext.xml]: Invocation of init method failed;
nested exception is javax.naming.NameNotFoundException
Related cause: org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException:
Error creating bean with name 'repositoryMetadataBuilder':
Initialization of bean failed; nested exception is
org.springframework.beans.TypeMismatchException: Failed to convert
property value of type [java.lang.String] to required type
[java.lang.Class] for property 'role'; nested exception is
java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Cannot find class
[org.apache.maven.artifact.repository.metadata.RepositoryMetadataBuilder]