continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Darren Hartford" <dhartf...@ghsinc.com>
Subject RE: Selecting Local Repository From Maven Build Definition
Date Thu, 18 Jun 2009 19:31:30 GMT
If this is the preferred solution, I think you are going down the right
path.

For myself, I keep the dependency versions separated in a 'policy' type
fashion as the identifier between 'good' libraries and 'development'
libraries.

1.0.1-SNAPSHOT, 1.0.2-SNAPSHOT, etc = dev.
1.0.1, 1.0.2, 1.0.3, 1.0.4 = QA
1.0.4 = actually released to production once blessed by QA.  Do not
change the version, as that precise binary was what was blessed, no
changes to binary including the filename.

Now, this is just what I'm doing. For your shop, you might want to
change the version number once it is 'blessed'. So instead, odd a major
or minor version number for non-production versions, even major or minor
versions are production versions.

1.1-SNAPSHOT, 1.2-SNAPSHOT, etc = dev.
1.1, 1.2, 1.3, 1.4 = QA
1.4 becomes 2.0 = actually released to production once blessed by QA.

Start at 3.1-SNAPSHOT to continue development, and will become 4.0 once
production ready.

My two coppers,
-D