continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Send notification when test fails but don't stop the build
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 16:50:45 GMT
On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Julien HENRY <henryju@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> The issue is that the maven site is not generated because the build stop immediatly after
JUnit tests. Also the project is not installed/deployed so other projects depending on this
project are failing too (compilation error/unable to find dependency).

How is your build definition configured?  Are you doing the build and
the site all at once?

> I know the option maven.test.failure.ignore=true but as far as I know this is not a good
practice because developpers will not be notified of the test failures and on the Continuum
UI there will be no more information that the project has some test failures.

I would probably do two separate builds, one for the normal ci build
which fails when the tests fail, and one for the website which ignores
failures and publishes the site.

--
Wendy