continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Harper, Brad" <brad.har...@fiserv.com>
Subject Build Locks SVN Workspace
Date Wed, 13 May 2009 16:25:56 GMT
Has anyone seen a situation where a continuum build doesn't release a
lock on its Subversion workspace?

We have a weekly build scheduled that does a full check-out. Hourly
builds are scheduled with simple workspace updates.

I'm attempting to re-create a ci environment with continuum 1.2.3. To
'prime the pump', I manually trigger the weekly build. It succeeds. When
the next scheduled hourly build runs, it fails with

Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
-------
svn: Working copy 'D:\dev\ci\webdev\working-directory\1' locked
svn: run 'svn cleanup' to remove locks (type 'svn help cleanup' for
details)
Type 'svn help' for usage.
-------

I do find some old postings [c. 2007] suggesting that continuum/svn may
have been shutdown with a build in progress. The postings recommended
doing a manual 'svn cleanup' on the workspace. A shutdown hasn't
occurred in this case, and the 'cleanup' shouldn't be necessary. I've
tried it anyway and the hourly builds continue to fail with the same
error.

Any ideas? Thanks.

Brad