continuum-users mailing list archives

From Julien HENRY <henr...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Re : Send notification when test fails but don't stop the build
Date Fri, 15 May 2009 07:43:08 GMT

Hi Wendy,

Currently all the build is done with one execution. Something like:

mvn clean deploy site-deploy +sonar +dashboard

I'll try with something like:

Build 1: mvn clean deploy
Build 2: mvn site-deploy -Dmaven.test.failure.ignore=true +sonar +dashboard

Thanks for your suggestion

Julien

----- Message d'origine ----
De : Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com>
À : users@continuum.apache.org
Envoyé le : Jeudi, 14 Mai 2009, 18h50mn 45s
Objet : Re: Send notification when test fails but don't stop the build

On Thu, May 14, 2009 at 9:22 AM, Julien HENRY <henryju@yahoo.fr> wrote:

> The issue is that the maven site is not generated because the build stop immediatly after
JUnit tests. Also the project is not installed/deployed so other projects depending on this
project are failing too (compilation error/unable to find dependency).

How is your build definition configured?  Are you doing the build and
the site all at once?

> I know the option maven.test.failure.ignore=true but as far as I know this is not a good
practice because developpers will not be notified of the test failures and on the Continuum
UI there will be no more information that the project has some test failures.

I would probably do two separate builds, one for the normal ci build
which fails when the tests fail, and one for the website which ignores
failures and publishes the site.

--
Wendy