continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Iker Almandoz" <ikeralmandoz.li...@gmail.com>
Subject Build exception due to an inactive profile
Date Tue, 12 May 2009 20:48:32 GMT
HI All,

I am using continuum version 1.2.2.

I have a generic pom that I use for automatically generating WSDL files from
API classes.

The pom contains the following build profile to add a provided dependency
based on some properties that are defined in maven projects that extend this
pom:

  <!-- Current version -->

  <modelVersion>4.0.0</modelVersion>

  <groupId>mypackage</groupId>

  <artifactId>generic_wsdl_generation</artifactId>

  <packaging>pom</packaging>

  <name>Generic WSDL generation module</name>

  <version>1.1-SNAPSHOT</version>

<profiles>

  <profile>

  <activation>

      <file>

        <missing>src/file_to_disable_profile.txt</missing>

      </file>

   </activation>

  <!-- Compile time dependencies -->

  <dependencies>

    <dependency>

      <groupId>${impl.module.groupId}</groupId>

      <artifactId>${impl.module.artifactId}</artifactId>

      <version>${impl.module.version}</version>

      <scope>provided</scope>

    </dependency>

  </dependencies>

  <build>

   <plugins>

      <plugin>

        <groupId>org.apache.axis2</groupId>

        <artifactId>axis2-java2wsdl-maven-plugin</artifactId>

        <version>${guiproject.axis.version}</version>

        <configuration>

          <className>${impl.class.name}</className>

<outputFileName>target/classes/${service.name}.wsdl</outputFileName>

          <serviceName>${service.name}</serviceName>

        </configuration>

        <executions>

          <execution>

            <goals>

              <goal>java2wsdl</goal>

            </goals>

          </execution>

         </executions>

         <!-- Requires the actual API classses package -->

         <dependencies>

            <dependency>

              <groupId>${impl.module.groupId}</groupId>

              <artifactId>${impl.module.artifactId}</artifactId>

              <version>${impl.module.version}</version>

            </dependency>

         </dependencies>

      </plugin>

.

</profile>

</profiles>

When I build directly from maven, as the profile is not active (disabled by
the 'file_to_disable_profile.txt' file), the dependency is not added and
therefore I get no error that the system can't find the dependency.  This is
what I would expect to happen in continuum.

However, when building from continuum, I get:

org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.ContinuumBuildExecutorException: Unable
to read the Maven project descriptor
'/usr/local/continuum/data/working-directory/128/pom.xml':
'dependencies.dependency.groupId' with value '${impl.module.groupId}' does
not match a valid id pattern.

Failed to validate POM for project mypackage:generic_wsdl_generation at
/usr/local/continuum/data/working-directory/128/pom.xml

         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.getMaven
Project(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:332)

         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.execution.maven.m2.MavenTwoBuildExecutor.shouldBu
ild(MavenTwoBuildExecutor.java:410)

         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.shouldBuil
d(DefaultBuildController.java:557)

         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(Defa
ultBuildController.java:151)

         at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeT
ask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)

         at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRu
nnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)

         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.cal
l(Executors.java:442)

         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.jav
a:178)

         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(
ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1061)

         at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run
(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:575)

         at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

I know that continuum is not using the profile to build because until I
added the 'dependencies' block the system would build fine (if it were
running the 'profile', It would have failed in the
axis2-java2wsdl-maven-plugin).

I believe that continuum should not inspect the parts of the pom that are
not active in a given profile.

Can anyone provide a workaround for this ?  For now, I am simply adding the
'dependencies' block in each module that uses this as its parent.

Regards,

Iker