continuum-users mailing list archives

From Julien HENRY <henr...@yahoo.fr>
Subject Send notification when test fails but don't stop the build
Date Thu, 14 May 2009 16:22:49 GMT

Hi,

On my Continuum server there are some projects with JUnit test failures. These projects are
sometimes dependencies for other projects. Currently the build stop when there is a JUnit
test failure and a mail is sent to the dev team.

The issue is that the maven site is not generated because the build stop immediatly after
JUnit tests. Also the project is not installed/deployed so other projects depending on this
project are failing too (compilation error/unable to find dependency).

I know the option maven.test.failure.ignore=true but as far as I know this is not a good practice
because developpers will not be notified of the test failures and on the Continuum UI there
will be no more information that the project has some test failures.

What is the best practice concerning this point?

Thanks,

Julien