continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Changing settings.xml location Continuum
Date Tue, 07 Apr 2009 04:25:26 GMT
On Mon, Apr 6, 2009 at 9:16 PM, Morgovsky, Alexander (US - Glen Mills)
<amorgovsky@deloitte.com> wrote:
> Hi.  Is it possible to configure Continuum to look for settings.xml not under c:\...\.m2\settings.xml
but in a custom-set location?  I am using Continuum 1.2.3 on a Windows OS.

I don't think Continuum is looking for it there... Maven is.  AFAIK,
there's no way to get Maven to default to looking elsewhere, though
you can add -s /path/to/other/settings.xml on the command line.

What problem are you trying to solve by doing this?

That file is optional, if you're trying to have different settings for
the same user, you might try using $M2_HOME/conf/settings.xml, and
then having multiple Maven installs, setting M2_HOME in each
environment as appropriate.

--
Wendy