continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject git scm connection urls and release
Date Wed, 25 Mar 2009 16:37:40 GMT
I just tried releasing a project hosted on github, and I got:

[ERROR] org.apache.maven.shared.release.scm.ReleaseScmCommandException:
Unable to commit files
Provider message:
The git-push command failed.
Command output:
fatal: protocol error: expected sha/ref, got '
*********'

You can't push to git://github.com/user/repo.git
Use git@github.com:user/repo.git

*********'

Continuum is using the <connection> instead of the
<developerConnection> url.  This works to check out and build, but not
to release.  (This is CONTINUUM-598.)

When I switch to the developer connection url, it doesn't work to
check out (probably due to the colon.)

SCM Root URL: 	scm:git:git://github.com:wsmoak/abc-example.git
Exception:
For input string: "wsmoak"

Any ideas?  I imagine this has to be fixed in Maven SCM, right?

--
Wendy