continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: problem setting up build Environments/Installations
Date Fri, 13 Mar 2009 17:16:03 GMT
On Fri, Mar 13, 2009 at 10:08 AM, Declan Ruane <declanruane@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've nearly got continuum working, but am having a problem creating an
> Installation (which I believe I need to get continuum to find Maven for my
> build).

It's not necessary, if mvn is on the PATH for the user running
Continuum.  I'd get that working first.  Then if you want to set up
installations and build environments so you can use different
combinations, you can do that.

> I use the following (on Vista)
> C:\enterprise\build\apache-maven-2.0.10 which is the same as M2_HOME and
> exists. I get the error "Failed to validate installation, check server log."
> Server log just has line below
>
> 2009-03-13 15:56:37,154 [btpool0-3] ERROR
> validator#org.apache.maven.continuum.web.validator.InstallationValidator -
> Failed to validate installation, check server log. cli to get
> C:\enterprise\build\apache-maven-2.0.10\bin\mvn version return code 1
>
> Now, If i run C:\enterprise\build\apache-maven-2.0.10\bin\mvn -v It works
> (below)
>
> Maven version: 2.0.10
> Java version: 1.6.0_12
>
> Any ideas what could be wrong?

It's usually a difference in environment between you at the command
line and what Continuum is running in.

What user is Continuum running as?  How was it started?  (And what
version of Continuum are you using?)

--
Wendy