continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: How to configure continuum
Date Mon, 09 Mar 2009 14:15:42 GMT
On Mon, Mar 9, 2009 at 6:46 AM, Phil Melanson <jplmelanson@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've just installed continuum version 1.2.3 as a WAR into my existing Jetty
> Server.
>
> Just a comment:
> Everything is working fine with Derby database, but with MySQL, I had a lot
> of different errors: 1st, it does not support UTF8 characterset, 2nd: even
> with latin1 I had a lot of JDO exceptions... I'll stick with Derby for the
> moment.

What version of MySQL?  It's working okay for me with 5.0.x.

> My main problem now:
> Each and every time I log into the system with my admin account, it keeps
> asking for configuration. How can I configure permanently those file paths?
> I have searched and found a file in the standalone distribution named
> continuum.xml under "conf" directory. What is the format of that file? I
> couldn't find any file with that name on the Trunk of continuum with an XML
> format/exemple.

An example continuum.xml file is below, and it can be pre-configured.
However if you can't get past that page, then it sounds like Continuum
is having trouble writing to the database or to the file.  You should
only be prompted for general configuration once.  If it's happening
every time, then something else is wrong and you may run into more
problems.

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<continuum-configuration>
  <baseUrl>http://localhost:8966/continuum</baseUrl>
  <buildOutputDirectory>/path/to/continuum-data/build-output-directory</buildOutputDirectory>
  <workingDirectory>/path/to/continuum-data/working-directory</workingDirectory>
  <releaseOutputDirectory>/path/to/continuum-data/release-output-directory</releaseOutputDirectory>
</continuum-configuration>

--
Wendy