continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Deleting roles
Date Thu, 05 Mar 2009 17:44:18 GMT
On Thu, Mar 5, 2009 at 9:00 AM, Baeriswyl Kuno - Extern (IT-BA-MV)
<kuno.baeriswyl@sbb.ch> wrote:

> The Roles views shows me a list of all available role in my continuum 1.2.2 installation.
I also see a role for each group beeing created. Unfortunately, this roles don't disappear
in the list after the group is deleted. Is there a way to delete roles?

Not currently, but you may want to watch/vote for (or patch!) the
enhancement request for this in Redback:
http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/REDBACK-138

Emmanuel recently added a page where you can view all the roles, so
adding a delete button there seems to be the next step.

(The roles are intentionally left in the list.  You may have the same
project group on more than on Continuum server that is sharing a user
database, and you wouldn't want removing the group from one server to
remove the roles so that users couldn't access the group on the other
server.)

--
Wendy