continuum-users mailing list archives

From qnob <kuno.baeris...@sbb.ch>
Subject Re: Build order for incremental build with several groups
Date Thu, 26 Mar 2009 15:52:56 GMT

Hi again,

I'd like to precise my problem. I use continuum  release 1.2.2. We have
several multi-projects configured each as continuum group.

subsystem A (A0, A1, A2, A3,..)
subsystem B (B0, B1, B2, B3,..)
subsystem C (C0, C1, C2, C3,..)
..

A0,B0,C0 are the super pom of the subsystem. And A1, A2, ,B1, .. are modules

There are dependencies between the subsystem like: B1 -> C2 , C3 -> A3

The default build definition builds each module separately. The build order
is correct.

Now, I've added another build definitions on A0, B0 and C0 that build the
whole subsystems recursively. So, I'd expect a build order like B, C, A

However, it's wrong!

Can anybody help? Is continuum not supposed to respect the dependencies
through the whole hierarchy?

Thanks a lot
Kuno