continuum-users mailing list archives

From mikievv <mike_l...@xs4all.nl>
Subject Adding maven 2 project results in 'Host name may not be null' error
Date Thu, 12 Mar 2009 09:46:10 GMT

Whenever I try to add a maven 2 pom.xml file to continuum I get the error
'Error while executing the action 'create-projects-from-metadata'. When I
look at the stacktrace I see 'Host name may not be null
'.
Which Hostname is it talking about? Even when I add a generated pom by maven
itself it fails. I do not know what to do with this.

The stacktrace is:

org.apache.maven.continuum.ContinuumException: Error while executing the
action 'create-projects-from-metadata'.
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.executeAction(DefaultContinuum.java:3006)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.executeAddProjectsFromMetadataActivity(DefaultContinuum.java:1839)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.executeAddProjectsFromMetadataActivity(DefaultContinuum.java:2006)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.addMavenTwoProject(DefaultContinuum.java:1661)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.AddMavenTwoProjectAction.doExecute(AddMavenTwoProjectAction.java:108)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.web.action.AddMavenProjectAction.execute(AddMavenProjectAction.java:168)
	at
	at
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeAction(DefaultActionInvocation.java:358)
	at
com.opensymphony.xwork.DefaultActionInvocation.invokeActionOnly(DefaultActionInvocation.java:218)
	at
com.opensymphony.webwork.interceptor.BackgroundProcess$1.run(BackgroundProcess.java:35)
	at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)
Caused by: java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Host name may not be null
	at org.apache.http.HttpHost.<init>(HttpHost.java:83)
	at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.determineTarget(AbstractHttpClient.java:497)
	at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:487)
	at
org.apache.http.impl.client.AbstractHttpClient.execute(AbstractHttpClient.java:465)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.project.builder.AbstractContinuumProjectBuilder.createMetadataFile(AbstractContinuumProjectBuilder.java:127)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.project.builder.maven.MavenTwoContinuumProjectBuilder.readModules(MavenTwoContinuumProjectBuilder.java:154)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.project.builder.maven.MavenTwoContinuumProjectBuilder.buildProjectsFromMetadata(MavenTwoContinuumProjectBuilder.java:129)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.CreateProjectsFromMetadataAction.execute(CreateProjectsFromMetadataAction.java:146)
	at
org.apache.maven.continuum.DefaultContinuum.executeAction(DefaultContinuum.java:2992)
	... 13 more