continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Problem with scheduling builds from the same project
Date Fri, 13 Feb 2009 14:33:32 GMT
On Fri, Feb 13, 2009 at 5:48 AM, murali mohan <muralihere@gmail.com> wrote:
> I have a continuum project with 2 build definitions that i want to run every
> night. The problem is when i try to schedule it ,say 5 minutes apart, the
> second build fails with a log message saying that the project is already
> being built.  I can schedule the 2nd project so that it starts only after
> the scheduled time of the 1st build ends. But that is not good enough,
> because the 1st project some times takes 2 hours and sometime 5 hours as it
> depends on lots of external services. SO, i would like to queue the second
> project even though the first one is running. Possible?
>
> continuum version is 1.1.
> Running on tomcat 5.5

I would first see if a later version (1.2.3, 1.3.1 Alpha) behaves the
way you want.  Also check JIRA [1] and see if this problem was
reported already.

If not, then we can try some workarounds.  For example, I might add
the project again in a second project group, and configure it to use a
different local repository so the builds can happen at the same time.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM

--
Wendy