continuum-users mailing list archives

From Wendy Smoak <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Data Management export and import for 1.2.x -> 1.3.x ... do I really have to?
Date Tue, 10 Feb 2009 21:33:19 GMT
On Thu, Feb 5, 2009 at 4:04 PM, Wendy Smoak <wsmoak@gmail.com> wrote:

> ISTR someone (Brett?) saying that the only problematic change is a new
> column that is required and has no default value.
>
> Can anyone confirm or deny?  If it's true, which one is it and what
> would I need to modify in a 1.2.x database to make it usable with
> 1.3.1?

When upgrading from 1.2.x to 1.3.1, trying to use an existing database
results in:

SQL Exception: In an ALTER TABLE statement, the column
'NUMBER_OF_BUILDS_IN_PARALLEL' has been specified as NOT NULL and
either the DEFAULT clause was not specified or was specified as
DEFAULT NULL.

However when I look at the model [1] I see...

        <field>
          <name>numberOfBuildsInParallel</name>
          <version>1.1.4+</version>
          <type>int</type>
          <defaultValue>1</defaultValue>
        </field>

It looks like there's a default value to me... (and it does default to
1 in the Web interface.)  Does anyone have an idea why JDO isn't able
to modify the table?

I don't think I'm willing to try modifying the database for an upgrade
to 1.3.1, but it would be nice to improve this for 1.3.2+.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/tags/continuum-1.3.1/continuum-model/src/main/mdo/continuum.xml

--
Wendy