continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Jerry Thome" <jerry.th...@hewitt.com>
Subject Re: Setting up Continuum - svn+ssh
Date Thu, 19 Feb 2009 21:44:45 GMT
OK, snag-its don't work.  Sorry.  I made a change to the SCM Url to be
"svn:svn+ssh"

Project Name:hfim-svcs-web
Version:3.4-SNAPSHOT
SCM
Url:svn:svn+ssh://linupcm2/apps/svn/data/integration/hfim/hfim-svcs-web/trunk

SCM Branch/Tag:

... and now I see this in  my log...

2009-02-19 15:40:00,341 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  action#checkout-project  -
Checking out project: 'hfim-svcs-web', id: '2' to 'C:\opt\Tomcat
5.5\data\working-directory\2'.
2009-02-19 15:40:00,341 [pool-1-thread-1] ERROR action#checkout-project  -
No such provider: 'svn+ssh'.
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.NoSuchScmProviderException: No such provider:
'svn+ssh'.
        at
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.AbstractScmManager.getProviderByType(AbstractScmManager.java:158)
        at
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.AbstractScmManager.makeScmRepository(AbstractScmManager.java:188)
        at
org.apache.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.getScmRepository(DefaultContinuumScm.java:145)
        at
org.apache.continuum.scm.DefaultContinuumScm.checkout(DefaultContinuumScm.java:58)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.core.action.CheckoutProjectContinuumAction.execute(CheckoutProjectContinuumAction.java:108)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.performAction(DefaultBuildController.java:435)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.updateWorkingDirectory(DefaultBuildController.java:418)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.DefaultBuildController.build(DefaultBuildController.java:133)
        at
org.apache.maven.continuum.buildcontroller.BuildProjectTaskExecutor.executeTask(BuildProjectTaskExecutor.java:50)
        at
org.codehaus.plexus.taskqueue.execution.ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor$ExecutorRunnable$1.run(ThreadedTaskQueueExecutor.java:116)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.Executors$RunnableAdapter.call(Executors.java:442)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.FutureTask.run(FutureTask.java:178)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor.runWorker(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:1061)
        at
edu.emory.mathcs.backport.java.util.concurrent.ThreadPoolExecutor$Worker.run(ThreadPoolExecutor.java:575)
        at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:595)

Thanks.

Jerry Thome/National/Hewitt Associates@Hewitt Associates NA

02/19/2009 03:33 PM
Please respond to
users@continuum.apache.org

users@continuum.apache.org
cc

Subject
Setting up Continuum - svn+ssh

I'm trying to evaluate Continuum for a comparision against Hudson  (which
actually was very easy to setup and run a Maven project on).  I've quickly
run into two issues I hope there is help for.  I did research that apache
site and goggle first, but didn't find much.

Question #1 - Does Continuum support the ability to create projects by
accessing a pom.xml over svn+ssh?  Yes, the command works locally from a
DOS command prompt.  Feels like it's not supported or I do not have
Continuum configured correctly.  Please advise.  I'm running on
apache-continuum-1.2.3.  I did switch the protocol to https and it tried
to download, but it failed because we don't support it which was expected.
 The error flow was much different than the svn+ssh.  Nothing useful
showed in the Continuum.log under Tomcat 5.5.17.

Question #2 - Even if I create a project with a local pom.xml, I still get
an error when it tries to check out the project when I run the build.
Again, is this not supported or am I missing configuration?  Do I need to
add an envvar so that Continuum has the same access as DOS?
Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: Can't create tunnel: The system cannot find the file specified.

Again, I'm not finding anything useful in the Continuum.log

Thanks.

The information contained in this e-mail and any accompanying documents
may contain information that is confidential or otherwise protected from
disclosure. If you are not the intended recipient of this message, or if
the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any
attachments. Any dissemination, distribution or other use of the contents
of this message by anyone other than the intended recipient is strictly
prohibited. All messages sent to and from this e-mail address may be
monitored as permitted by applicable law and regulations to ensure
compliance with our internal policies and to protect our business. E-mails
are not secure and cannot be guaranteed to be error free as they can be
intercepted, amended, lost or destroyed, or contain viruses. You are
deemed to have accepted these risks if you communicate with us by e-mail.

[...]

of this message, or if this message has been addressed to you in error, please immediately
alert the sender by reply e-mail and then delete this message, including any attachments.