continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Automatic Snapshot Deploying
Date Fri, 16 Jan 2009 15:30:37 GMT
On Fri, Jan 16, 2009 at 3:08 AM, Marc Canaleta <mcanaleta@gmail.com> wrote:

>  - Setting "Deployment Repository Directory": I don'nt know what does
> exactly do this option, and it has not any configuration.
>  - Add deploy goal to a build definition: Using this method, how does
> continnuum obtain the login information needed to do the deployment?
>
> Which of the two is the right choice?

The second one.  But instead of adding deploy to a build def, you'll
probably replace install with deploy.

The deploy plugin docs explain how it works:
http://maven.apache.org/plugins/maven-deploy-plugin/usage.html

The location to deploy to goes in distributionManagement in the pom
(or a parent pom), and the credentials go in settings.xml.  Make sure
the server ids match.

Depending on the version of Maven you're using, you might need
dav:http:// on the Archiva url.  I think it's as of 2.0.9 that plain
http:// will work for deployment.

--
Wendy