continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Migration Questions
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 22:39:18 GMT
On Fri, Jan 9, 2009 at 9:34 AM, Harper, Brad <brad.harper@epsiia.com> wrote:
> Believe it or not, I read the info at
>   http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.2.2/installation/upgrade.html
> before posting the message, below. My questions were motivated by the
> statement
>   Note If you are upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2, no upgrade tool is needed.
> but the content goes on shortly to describe the [apparently
> contradictory] steps for running tools to migrate the data from 1.1 to
> 1.2.

:::sigh::: This is one of the problems with tagging the docs along
with the code.  There's no way to fix it after the release.
Personally I'm in favor of moving the upgrade docs to the wiki where
users who have experience with it can contribute and help each other.

I _might_ do one migration per new version of Continuum, most often I
just start over with a fresh database.  And I certainly don't test
migrating from every possible prior version.  But by the time I do
even that one "real" migration, it's too late to contribute to the
docs.

--
Wendy