continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Iker Almandoz" <ikeralmandoz.li...@gmail.com>
Subject RE: Builds files generated under "working-directory" --> All modules built everytime.
Date Tue, 13 Jan 2009 20:13:36 GMT
Wendy,

You are right that 'checkstyle' has nothing to do on this.  It was my
misunderstanding of the tree.

I tried adding the 'target' folder to my '.cvsignore'.
However, the scm is currently ignoring the contents of the .cvsignore.
When I do "mvn scm:diff -Dmaven.scm.provider.cvs.implementation=cvs_native"
I don't see the target but if I do with the java only version, then 'target
is shown as a modification.

Can I configure continuum to use 'cvs_native' implementation ?  Any other
thoughts ?

Thanks for the help,
Iker

-----Original Message-----
From: Wendy Smoak [mailto:wsmoak@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, January 13, 2009 2:26 PM
To: users@continuum.apache.org
Subject: Re: Builds files generated under "working-directory" --> All
modules built everytime.

On Tue, Jan 13, 2009 at 8:29 AM, Iker Almandoz
<ikeralmandoz.lists@gmail.com> wrote:

> When "continuum" runs the maven goal, it generates a target folder under
the
> "working directory" rather than the "build output directory" for the
> checkstyle related outputs.

That sounds normal. The build output directory is for the log file
(what you would see scrolling by if you built it at the command line).
 Continuum also plays favorites with Surefire, copies the test results
to the build output directory, and puts a link on the results web
page.

AFAIK, it doesn't do anything special with Checkstyle, so you can
expect to find those under 'target'.  You can publish the project
website if you want to view them online.  (There's been talk of
introducing a plugin architecture for Continuum which would make it
easier to add things like this to the results page.)

> Then in my "continuum" log I  can see the following:
>
> 2009-01-12 07:36:34,711 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  - Merging
> SCM results
>
> 2009-01-12 07:36:34,780 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  - The
> project was not built because all changes are unknown (maybe local
> modifications or ignored files not defined in your SCM tool.
>
> 2009-01-12 07:36:35,008 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  - Changes
> found in the current project, building
>
> 2009-01-12 07:36:35,009 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO  buildController  -
> Performing action update-project-from-working-directory
>
> This causes all the projects to be rebuilt every hour which is making the
> updated continuum version hard to use.

That's odd... but what makes you think this is related to the
Checkstyle html file?  Perhaps you just need to add the 'target'
directory to the ignored list?

--
Wendy