continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkinson" <batkin...@usm.maine.edu>
Subject RE: Migration Questions
Date Fri, 09 Jan 2009 16:45:49 GMT
Brad,

I had a similar experience with the docs. I was able to upgrade without exporting/importing
the data. I shutdown tomcat, backed up the entire directory tree, configured tomcat to use
the new war, started it. The only issue I had was that there was a bug where releasing caused
NPEs for projects created before the upgrade. That problem is described in http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1985.

I am using war installations of continuum and archiva in a single instance of Tomcat 5.5 configured
to use the embedded derby driver. I mention this because it may affect your backup procedure.
I simply had to copy the database files.

HTH,

Brent

>>> "Harper, Brad" <brad.harper@epsiia.com> 1/9/2009 11:34 AM >>>
Believe it or not, I read the info at

   http://continuum.apache.org/docs/1.2.2/installation/upgrade.html

before posting the message, below. My questions were motivated by the
statement

   Note If you are upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2, no upgrade tool is needed.

but the content goes on shortly to describe the [apparently
contradictory] steps for running tools to migrate the data from 1.1 to
1.2.

Further,

   +  the directory structure shown in the steps for importing data into
1.2
      don't reflect what I'm seeing in my 1.2.2 installation

         data/databases/continuum/ [and presumably
data/databases/users/]

   +  the first import statement refers to the 1.1 tool, i.e.

         java -Xmx512m -jar data-management-cli-1.1-app.jar ...

Are these typos?

Thanks,

Brad