continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkinson" <batkin...@usm.maine.edu>
Subject Re: How to avoid subversion scm password in pom.xml?
Date Tue, 06 Jan 2009 14:30:13 GMT
First, I would check that the scm url in the pom indicates a URL
that the credentials are authorized to access, especially if you
are using path-based authorization. I have found that because
the URL to add the project and pom's scm URL don't have to
match, sometimes the initial checkout works, but when the scm
URL is used it fails.

If all that checks out, did you check the 'Use SCM Credentials
Cache, if available' checkbox when you added the project?

There are at least three events where the credentials must be
provided:

* Initial checkout
* Subsequent updates
* Releases

Unless you have disabled subversion's credential caching for
the user running continuum, you shouldn't have problems with
the subsequent updates/releases. If you have disabled
credential caching, make sure that there are cached creds
that are authorized before you disable them, and make sure
you check the 'Use SCM Credentials Cache, if available'
checkbox for the project.

HTH,

Brent

>>> "Ulrich Metzger" <ulrich@muehlgasse.de> 1/6/2009 8:35 AM >>>
thanks for your quick reply, but the problem is not  the initial checkout of
the pom.xml. After i checked out the pom like you described,
the build fails with the following error:

Provider message: The svn command failed.
Command output:
svn: PROPFIND request failed on '/subversion/xxxx/xxxxx'
svn: PROPFIND of '/subversion/xxxx/xxxx': authorization failed
(http://xxx.xxx.org)

Uli