continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Purge build output directory
Date Wed, 24 Dec 2008 16:46:38 GMT
On Wed, Dec 24, 2008 at 9:05 AM, DEGARDIN David (CAMPUS)
<david.degardin@oxylane-group.com> wrote:
> Thanks for the answer.
> Actually, I also tried to put :
>        - days older = 10
>        - retention count = 1
> But it did not perform anything too...

I think I get it. :)  This feature purges the directories, but not the
database entries.  I assume you're looking at the 'Builds' tab before
and after the purge, and still see the builds listed there?

Here's what I see in the build output directory for project 1 before
and after the purge:

wsmoak@artemis:~/apache-continuum-1.2.2/data/build-output-directory$ ls 1
1  19  19.log.txt  1.log.txt  22  22.log.txt

wsmoak@artemis:~/apache-continuum-1.2.2/data/build-output-directory$ ls 1
22  22.log.txt

It deleted builds 1 and 19, and left 22.  That's consistent with my
configuration and the build dates.

You will still see them listed on the 'Builds' tab, because this only
purges the directories and the build logs.  The database entries
remain for historical purposes.  If you click the 'Result' link you'll
see that there is nothing in the text box where you'd usually see the
build log.

If you want to delete the database entries, you can use the checkboxes
and Delete button on the 'Builds' tab.

There is no scheduled purge for that yet because it needs to be a
two-step process-- archive them to get them off of the 'Builds' tab
but keep them available for statistics, then provide a way to really
delete them later.

HTH,
--
Wendy