continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Add notifier for last committer only?
Date Wed, 17 Dec 2008 23:30:56 GMT
On Wed, Dec 17, 2008 at 2:04 AM, Magne Nordtveit
<magne.nordtveit@offsim.no> wrote:
> I was grabbed today and got asked why our all powerfull CI server (Continuum
> 1.2.2) didn't yell at our devs for committing code that didn't compile, so I
> checked it out. It seems our "Give the last committers hell on failure" option
> was gone. I have recently upgraded from 1.2.1, and figured it hadn't been
> properly draged across, so I tried to re-add the notifier; mail, latest
> committers on failure and warning. But continuum wouldn't let me, because
> there was no e-mail address present in the e-mail address field...
>
> How can I re-add that notifier? Is this a local problem, or is it present in
> all 1.2.2's out there? I'm unsure how to attack this problem...

I can see the problem, and added a Selenium IDE test [1] showing that
it won't let you save the 'Add Notifier' form if the email address is
blank.  That field shouldn't be required if you've checked the 'latest
committers' box, because the email addresses will be determined at
build time.

The easiest workaround is to put a valid email address in the field,
so it will let you save the form.  Either use a good email address and
set up a filter to delete the mail, or use a non-existent one and just
let it bounce.

I didn't check JIRA; please open an issue if you haven't already.

[1] http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/continuum/branches/continuum-1.2.x/continuum-webapp-test/src/test/selenium-ide/notify_latest_committers_only.html

--
Wendy