continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkinson" <batkin...@usm.maine.edu>
Subject Re: Installations and Build Environments
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2008 00:32:42 GMT
I created an issue in JIRA under Continuum-Documentation. I wasn't sure what
to do about the binary files so I attached the svn diff and a zip of the changed
(and added) images: http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-2025.

How should one normally handle binary files in a patch?

Thanks,

Brent

On Thu, Dec 18, 2008 at 3:19 PM, Brent Atkinson <batkinson@usm.maine.edu> wrote:

> Build Definitions allow you to set which Build Environment they use. Is the intent
> that you should use these to have multiple simultaneous Java, Maven and Ant
> installations and setting the Build Environment for the Build Definition sets the
> corresponding environment variables when the shell commands are run?

Yes.  For example, you may have one project that has to build with
Maven 2.0.5 and JDK 1.4, while another needs Maven 2.0.9 and JDK 1.6.
The default will be the environment for the user Continuum is running
as, which may not be correct for all projects.

Patches or suggestions for the docs are welcome if you'd like to help
improve them after you work with these features for a bit.

--
Wendy