continuum-users mailing list archives

From David Delbecq <de...@oma.be>
Subject Re: problem with environment variables under linux
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2008 14:18:07 GMT
En l'instant précis du 07/12/2008 16:28, Rudy Dekeerschieter s'exprimait
en ces termes:
> Hi all,
>
> I'm trying to set up continuum to work with questa, that is a tool for
> system on chip design.
> Thus far, I've succeeded to make continuum start as a deamon on linux -
> ubuntu 8.04 to be precise.
> Apparently it runs as root that way.
you should issue a "su <someUser>" before running your daemon, in your
daemon script. Running snaphshot code and unit test as root user is most
certainly a very bad idea, unless you have very good backups and don't
mind reinstalling that computer several times a day when some developper
makes a mistake manipulating a File("/") in a unit test :)

--
David Delbecq
ICT