continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Brent Atkinson" <batkin...@usm.maine.edu>
Subject Working with maintenance branches
Date Thu, 04 Dec 2008 23:58:27 GMT
Hi,

I am having trouble figuring out how to handle maintenance branches in continuum
and I haven't had much luck finding information on the subject. I think it might be
that I am missing some fundamental understanding of how the development flow
should work.

Say I start a project at 1.0-SNAPSHOT and add it to continuum. I then release the
project using the release plugin functionality. The release is tagged at 1.0 and the
next iteration starts as 1.1-SNAPSHOT. Now development continues on
1.1-SNAPSHOT, but we need to fix a nasty bug on the 1.0 version (to make 1.0.1).

Now, my guess is that I manually use release:branch to create a maintenance
branch called 1.0.X from a working copy of 1.0. Would I schedule this branch
in continuum and cut releases from it like I do the trunk?

Brent Atkinson
batkinson@usm.maine.edu