continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Luc Willems" <luc.w...@gmail.com>
Subject adding new module in a Multi Module project build
Date Mon, 06 Oct 2008 12:10:26 GMT
Hello all

i have some issues using a multi module project :

we have a project like :
  project
    + module A
    + module B
    + module C
    + module D

module D needs a,b & c . project is imported so that we have 5 build
projects (project +A,B,C,D)

when this project is imported and initial build is started , a correct Queue
order is respected so
that first the project is build , than A,B,C and than D. so far so good

no we introduced a new module Z , which is used by ALL sub modules (A,B,C,D)

first problem : module Z is never imported into the contiuum build. there is
also no option to "Update" the
project so that the new Z module is imported in the project list

Second problem : add module Z manually to project. now when i build the
project , Z isn't build after
the project pom (like it would be done in a cli maven environment) but based
on "ascii" order , in this case
last.

because of dependencies , A,B,C,D will fail .

alternative : delete all build definitions and re-import project pom.xml so
Z is integrated and build in correct order. by deleting the build
confirations , we also lose "old" build information (test results ...)

Is there a better whay to handle this. I know i can import a multi module
project as 1 build but this
eliminates the options to "smartly" only build what has changed.

--
Willems Luc
Email : Luc Willems <luc.will(at)gmail.com>

We the unwilling,
led by the unknowing,
are doing the impossible
for the ungrateful.
We have done so much for so long with so little
We are now qualified to do anything with nothing

see http://www.perl.com/pub/a/2003/07/16/soto2003.html?page=1