continuum-users mailing list archives

From Julien Stern <julien.st...@cryptolog.com>
Subject Continuum 1.2. Release fails.
Date Wed, 22 Oct 2008 17:56:55 GMT
Hi list,

Releases fail with Continuum 1.2 (they work when directly invoked with
mvn release:prepare; mvn release:perform).

The problem appears to be the following:

Continuum asks for a login/password for a user with write access to the
SCM, but despite this fact, we have a an error saying that we do not
have write access to the SCM.

We are using CVS, and after looking at the CVS/Root file in the
checked-out copy, I saw that we have:

:pserver:anonymous@cvs:/var/lib/cvs

in other words, something corresponding to the <connection> tag of the
pom.xml and not the <developerConnection> tag.

I assume that the CVS provider for the SCM honors the CVS/Root of the
checked-out copy, and does not use the login/password given through
Continuum.

Naturally, I might be totally wrong, and in all cases, I'm not sure the
issue lies with Continuum or with Maven SCM.

Nevertheless, if someone has a clue on how to fix this problem, that
would be largely appreciated. (I can fill a JIRA either in CONTINUUM or
in SCM if that is indeed a bug).

--
Julien