continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Lustig, Marc (Allianz Deutschland, externer Mitarbeiter)" <EXTERN.LUSTIG_M...@allianz.de>
Subject AW: Problem retrieving content from SVN on Windows XP
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2008 15:02:03 GMT
are you really sure that SVN is in the system path of the user who has started Continuum?
If you start Continuum as a windows service, you will run into trouble.

-----Urspr√ľngliche Nachricht-----
Von: ThomasRe [mailto:thomas.revesz@xeq.se]
Gesendet: Montag, 22. September 2008 15:48
An: users@continuum.apache.org
Betreff: Problem retrieving content from SVN on Windows XP

Hello all,

Continuum 1.1 fails to retrieve the content from SVN prior to building. The
error message I get is "Command output: 'svn' is not recognized as an
internal or external command, operable program or batch file." However, SVN
is set up in the system path and otherwise perfectly accessible so I suspect
that the Continuum-generated command string is really the culprit here:

cmd.exe /X /C '"svn --username tommy --password ***** --non-interactive
checkout http://server/svn/MyProj/branches/0.1 1"'

I suspect it is faulty because of the single + double quotes ('") that
surround the svn command. I have tested the command stand-alone from a cmd
prompt and it works fine if I use just double quotes (") around the string.
However, using the string as it appears in the log i.e., with single +
double quotes, does not work. Windows XP then complains that "The filename,
directory name, or volume label syntax is incorrect."

However, since Windows XP is not that unusual, I would be surprised if I am
the only one who has encountered this so maybe something else is really the
problem? I have seen others with the 'svn not recognized' error message but
in those cases it seems more like problems with the SVN path.

I am running Continuum as a service, logged on as a local user with admin
rights.

Any help on how to resolve or circumvent this problem would be much
appreciated!

Thanks!
Tom

Log snippet:

9446843 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Checking out project:
'webkonto', id: '1' to 'C:\Program
Files\Apache\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\working-directory\1'
with branch/tag branches/0.1.
9447406 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Executing: cmd.exe /X /C
'"svn --username tommy --password ***** --non-interactive checkout
http://server/svn/MyProj/branches/0.1 1"'
9447406 [pool-1-thread-1] INFO
org.apache.maven.scm.manager.ScmManager:default  - Working directory:
C:\Program
Files\Apache\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\working-directory
9447593 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Error while checking
out the code for project: 'webkonto', id: '1' to 'C:\Program
Files\Apache\continuum-1.1\apps\continuum\webapp\WEB-INF\working-directory\1'
with branch/tag branches/0.1.
9447593 [pool-1-thread-1] WARN
org.apache.maven.continuum.scm.ContinuumScm:default  - Command output: 'svn'