continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Sebastian Johnck" <sjoh...@gmail.com>
Subject disable working directory scan
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 22:17:06 GMT
Hello,

Our continuum startup is taking 20-30 minutes to load the first request.
Jstack dumps (see below) reveal that continuum is trying to read some file
list which I assume is our huge working directory. Is this correct?  Or is
it just trying to build a classpath from our repository?  Anyone have a
similar problem or a way to speed it up?

Thread 11616: (state = IN_NATIVE)

 - java.io.UnixFileSystem.list(java.io.File) @bci=0 (Compiled frame;
information may be imprecise)

 - java.io.File.list() @bci=20, line=937 (Compiled frame)

 - org.mortbay.http.ResourceCache.getResource(java.lang.String) @bci=301,
line=268 (Compiled frame)

 - org.mortbay.http.HttpContext.getResource(java.lang.String) @bci=5,
line=2118 (Interpreted frame)

 -
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.WebApplicationContext.getResource(java.lang.String)
@bci=6, line=785 (Interpreted frame)

 -
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.getResourcePaths(java.lang.String)
@bci=18, line=689 (Compiled frame)

 -
org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$Context.getResourcePaths(java.lang.String)
@bci=5, line=1064 (Interpreted frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processTldsInFileSystem(java.lang.String)
@bci=5, line=424 (Compiled frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processTldsInFileSystem(java.lang.String)
@bci=55, line=430 (Compiled frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processTldsInFileSystem(java.lang.String)
@bci=55, line=430 (Interpreted frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.processTldsInFileSystem(java.lang.String)
@bci=55, line=430 (Interpreted frame)

 - org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.init() @bci=19, line=250
(Interpreted frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.compiler.TldLocationsCache.getLocation(java.lang.String)
@bci=8, line=224 (Interpreted frame)

 - org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.getTldLocation(java.lang.String)
@bci=10, line=526 (Interpreted frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseTaglibDirective(org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node)
@bci=203, line=422 (Interpreted frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseDirective(org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node)
@bci=105, line=492 (Interpreted frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parseElements(org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node)
@bci=60, line=1552 (Interpreted frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Parser.parse(org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController,
org.apache.jasper.compiler.JspReader, org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node,
boolean, boolean, java.net.URL, java.lang.String, java.lang.String, boolean)
@

bci=110, line=126 (Interpreted frame)

 - org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.doParse(java.lang.String,
org.apache.jasper.compiler.Node, java.net.URL) @bci=240, line=211
(Interpreted frame)

 - org.apache.jasper.compiler.ParserController.parse(java.lang.String)
@bci=26, line=100 (Interpreted frame)

 - org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.generateJava() @bci=279, line=155
(Interpreted frame)

 - org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(boolean, boolean) @bci=20,
line=295 (Interpreted frame)

 - org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile(boolean) @bci=3, line=276
(Interpreted frame)

 - org.apache.jasper.compiler.Compiler.compile() @bci=2, line=264
(Interpreted frame)

 - org.apache.jasper.JspCompilationContext.compile() @bci=31, line=563
(Interpreted frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServletWrapper.service(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse, boolean) @bci=101, line=303
(Interpreted frame)

 -
org.apache.jasper.servlet.JspServlet.serviceJspFile(javax.servlet.http.HttpServletRequest,
javax.servlet.http.HttpServletResponse, java.lang.String,
java.lang.Throwable, boolean) @bci=129, line=314 (Interpreted frame)