continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Upgrading from 1.1 to 1.2
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2008 03:18:27 GMT
On Tue, Sep 23, 2008 at 7:59 PM, fherrerav <fherrerav@gmail.com> wrote:

> How do i migrate db from 1.1 to 1.2?   I have too many projects/users to do
> it manually.
>
> Continuum site says that no tool is needed so how do i copy the database?
> Do i have to use a derby utility or just copy the database directories from
> one installation to the other?
>
> Sorry for this basic question but my knowledge on derby is almost none.

It's not a problem. :)  Brett already answered that copying the
database will work.

A couple of things to be aware of when upgrading...

The location of each working copy is stored in the database, so if you
have projects checked out into a directory like
/path/to/continuum-1.1/working-copies, they're *still* going to want
to go there. [1]

We've also had reports of trouble with configuration for the new
release output directory.  If you can't get to the configuration page,
editing the continuum.xml file should work.

[1] http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1108

--
Wendy