continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Wendy Smoak" <wsm...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: disable working directory scan
Date Thu, 04 Sep 2008 23:08:08 GMT
On Thu, Sep 4, 2008 at 3:17 PM, Sebastian Johnck <sjohnck@gmail.com> wrote:

> Our continuum startup is taking 20-30 minutes to load the first request.
> Jstack dumps (see below) reveal that continuum is trying to read some file
> list which I assume is our huge working directory. Is this correct?  Or is
> it just trying to build a classpath from our repository?  Anyone have a
> similar problem or a way to speed it up?

Have you configured Continuum to store your working copies underneath WEB-INF?

Despite the fact that Continuum defaults to this value, it's a very
bad idea.  Servlet containers are required to scan everything in
WEB-INF/lib (looking for TLDs if I recall correctly.)  And if your
working copies happen to contain a webapp with a problematic file,
Continuum itself may not start.

I recommend changing the configuration to put the working copies elsewhere.

Unfortunately that only affects newly added projects, to move the old
ones you'll either have to delete and re-add them or change values in
the database.  This is http://jira.codehaus.org/browse/CONTINUUM-1108
.

--
Wendy