continuum-users mailing list archives

From "Carr, Brian M" <brianmc...@austin.utexas.edu>
Subject Re: base.dn in security.properties - why it uses not the full line?
Date Tue, 02 Sep 2008 16:13:56 GMT
There is an error in the redback config (i'm not at my development computer,
so I can't say the exact location of the error) stuff that reads the
user.base.dn as a string instead of a list.  As such, only the first part of
the list is read.

Removing the base dn just has redback search the entire directory with
subtree scope.  As such, it magically begins working.  However, if your
directory contains non-user accounts, you may be allowing accounts in to
continuum that you do not intend.

--b

On 9/1/08 8:18 AM, "Jimmy Conway" <jimmycnw@gmail.com> wrote:

> I found the solution. I just removed this line:
>
> ldap.config.mapper.attribute.user.base.dn
>
> I don't know why, but it works now :)
>
> Jim

Brian M. Carr
Identity and Access Management